Daniel Eisenbud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said something to this effect on
02/06/2002:
> I've been planning to do this for a while.
>
> It seems to me that the only time that more than two levels of
> sorting is useful is when the first level is threads.  If
> anyone can give me a plausible scenario where they'd want more
> than three, or more than two unthreaded, I'll think about my
> approach.  But for the moment the right thing to do seems to be
> to break threading out into its own config variable.  So you
> can set
>
> threads=forward
> threads=reverse
> or
> threads=off
>
> and then sort and sort_aux are what's used for secondary and
> tertiary sorting, or primary and secondary if threads=off.
> Make sense to people?

Simple, elegent, and, at least in my experience, consistent with
how people use mutt.  Go for it!

Just out of curiosity, though, is there a possibility that this
will postpone the release of 1.4?

(darren)

--
All things are possible, except for skiing through a revolving
door.