Gary Johnson wrote:

> > Wouldn't fmt do ok? It'll mangle quoted text (which I presume is the
> > advantage of par) but OTOH is already installed.
>
> If you want something already installed and you're using vim, why not
> use vim?  It also handles the quoting properly.
>
>     map <C-l> gqip}j

i think the original poster's problem wasn't editing the message, but
viewing it in mutt's internal pager. i suppose (s)he could try editing
the message and reformatting, but that shouldn't really be necessary.

to the original poster; do you have 'smart_wrap' or 'wrapmargin=x' set
in your .muttrc? are you using the builtin pager?

if you hit 'e' to edit the message and reformat it, do the missing lines
show up?

if you reply, is there missing text?