Nick,

On Sat Feb 09, 2002 Nick Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake thusly:
> * and then Christopher S. Swingley declared....
> > > map <C-l> {!}par 72^M}j
> >
> > But this wouldn't do much of anything when reading a message in mutt
> > would it?  Or do you have your pager set as vim?
>
> No, my apologies, I misunderstood/misread the Q.

No worries.  I was hoping you were right because it would be a nice
solution.  I've been using fmt in vim, but I'll have to give par a try.
It looks like it can deal with more types of formatting issues that fmt.

But to get back to the original question -- how can you take apart and
put back together a message without line breaks (those messages that
show up with a + at the end of the line)?  It seems like a
display_filter would be the solution, except that you probably only want
the filter applied to messsages with this condition.  Is there a way to
map / bind a key such that wil will redisplay the current message, but
this time pass it through a display_filter first?

Seems like this could help with a variety of broken-mailer issues like
the \224 issue, the long line issue and others I can't think of.  You'd
just use bind a different filter for different problems.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley             phone: 907-474-2689
Computer / Network Manager          email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]