Philip, et al --

...and then Philip Mak said...
%
% I do find the mouse to be useful in some cases though: If I want to go
% to a specific message on the screen, it would be easier to just click
% it with the mouse than figuring out how many times I have to hit the
% arrow keys to get there.

You might try getting in the habit of noting where the message is in your
index and jumping to the top or bottom to be closer to it.  Then, again,
you probably have the message number in the display and you can jump to
it with typically three to four keystrokes and not more than five unless
you're just really masochistic and like large folders.

%
% Also, some GUI mail clients allow opening multiple windows to show
% more than one message at a time. That functionality is useful for when
% I want to compose a single reply to multiple messages, for example.
% (In mutt or pine, if I wanted to go look at another message while I'm
% already writing one, I'd have to postpone it, go look, and come back.)

Why not tag-reply and even get the threading right while you're at it?

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]