At  7:33 PM EST on March 21 Gary Johnson sent off:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 07:10:40PM -0500, Rob Reid wrote:
> > # Despite the name, stripmime.pl is really for deHTMLization.
> > macro index "H" "|/home/reid/bin/stripmime.pl >> /var/spool/mail/reid"
> >
> > i.e. it makes a copy that goes in my inbox, and ends up threaded right
> > below the original.  If you wanted (I don't) you could add automatic
> > deletion of the original.
> >
> > The only problem is that it goes to my inbox even if the original is in a
> > different folder.  Is there a trick to fix that?  I'm joining the thread
> > late, so is that the real problem?  In any case it would be useful for mutt
> > to be able to write the current folder into an environment variable or
> > file.
>
> You're going to too much work, and I would imagine that the results
> don't look very good.  To fix HTML e-mail, just put this in your mailcap
> file:
>
>     text/html; w3m -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

I've tried w3m and stripmime does just as well.  In fact, I don't want any
fancy interpretation of HTML mail by default - it slows things down and can be
dangerous if the HTML interpreter executes javascript, etc..

> and this in your muttrc:
>
>     auto_view text/html

And then if the message had a good reason to use HTML, I'd have to dig up how
to *not* auto_view it, in order to send it to a real browser.  That's why I
stopped using auto_view for html in the good old days before Microsoft bought
hotmail.

--
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.  - Jack Handey
Robert I. Reid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/