Vincent --

...and then Vincent Lefevre said...
%
% On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 13:12:31 +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
% > On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 05:49:14AM -0500, David T-G wrote
% > > As a normal user, you shouldn't be able to remove a privileged
% > > mutt_dotlock, since it will be owned by root; the only way for that
% > > to happen is if it was world-writable anyway.  If you can remove it,
% >
% > Or the directory is writable.
%
% Yes, in my case, the directory is writable, since this is my directory.

Agreed.

%
% Also note that removing mutt_dotlock isn't sufficient as Mutt uses
% an absolute path to mutt_dotlock. After removing mutt_dotlock from
% the install bin directory, I need to replace it by a new one (in my
% case, a symlink to the one in /usr/bin is sufficient).

Now *that* one is a new one on me.  I don't recall having run across that
before.  Very interesting, and certainly a compelling reason to not build
mutt_dotlock.  Why didn't you say so in the first place? ;-)

%
% --
% Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
% validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International
% des Jeux Mathématiques et Logiques, TETRHEX, etc.
% Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / SPACES project at LORIA

HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]