Chris --

...and then Chris Green said...
%
% On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:35:58AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
% > You can also use screen. I don't because I can no longer use the
% > scrollbar of my terminal with it.
% >
% I was just about to investigate this as I'm using 'screen' for another
% reason elsewhere and wondered if it can split a window.

It can't split a window, but you can flip back and forth between windows
quite easily.  SCR33N R00LZ, D00D !!!!!!!!  You definitely want it.  It's
so easy and quick that I won't do anything on my system without it; even
in the days of broadband access, I still get disconnected on occasion,
and it's woefully hard to recover a mutt message file because the name
changes and you can't just "vim -r ..." (that might be a nice thing to
patch in, though... perhaps from the postponed message index or such
since 'R' is taken, though I see that esc-R is available).

Anyway, you can work under screen without ever thinking about it and be
in your one window and only open another when you need this sort of
functionality.  Don't be surprised if you eventually find yourself
running half a dozen or more "standard" screens, though :-)

%
% --
% Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
%   Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]               Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
%   WWW: http://www.isbd.co.uk/

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]