On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 08:18:05AM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:

> > The acronym is well known - well at least in Germany.  The
> > phenomenon is widely spread of cause. Esp. from those OE
> > users.

> So, there's no real equivalent term outside .de, I guess?

In the Netherlands people usually put a link in a reply message to
the leerquoten (learn to quote) document, with or without adding any
comments relating to the original message.

To be honest, people who put TOFU, leequoten comments in their
message, irritate me as much as the original offender. I
instruct only people I know and in a private message. I am not an
evangelist and if weeding out the crap in a message is too much
work, I usually don't reply.

Bob