On 25Jul2008 20:49, Dale Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 06:32:51PM -0400, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Crist=F3bal_Palmer_
wrote:

| > My very-lazy-sysadmin solution, in honor of Sysadmin Appreciation Day[0].
| >
| > 1) fire up gnu screen(1)
| > 2) mutt -F /path/to/some/muttrc
| > 3) ^ac to open a new screen window
| > 4) mutt -F /other/account/muttrc
| > 5) profit
| >

| Yep, that's basically what I do now.  ;)  It'd still be nice to easily access
multiple
| account from one instance of mutt.

Well, a couple of tiny wrapped scripts get you two different mutts
easily. I know that's not quite what you're after. So read on...

But you want to switch. Two approaches suggest themselves to me here:

  - a message-hook to re-source a muttrc on reading a message,
    if you can switch accounts on that basis (eg based on the to/cc of
    the message)

  - macros as stated, _but_ to get a "menu" you make a directory with a
    muttrc per account, named after the account (eg muttrc files
    named "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" etc) and then
    have your macro read:

      macro index ":source ~/rc/mutt/accts/<tab>"

    which triggers the file pathname completion, neatly presenting
    you with a list of account names!

How's that sound?
--
Cameron Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The best way to rob a bank is to own one.       - Roberto Calvi