On Sun, 31 May 2009, James wrote:
> Bill, are you saying that after the initial 30 second process for your
> Gmail, everything loads up instantly (specific email messages, etc.)
> afterwards?

Since only headers are downloaded, new message take time to download
when actually first read the message. Afterwards that message will be
inside body cache.  When mailbox is closed by network disconnection
then it needs initialisation again.  Apart from that, there is no
difference from a local mailbox retrieved from pop3.  I guess this
should be the normal scenario.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24