* martin f krafft <madd...@madduck.net> 29.11.2009
> also sprach David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-mutt-us...@weller-fahy.com>
> [2009.11.28.2236 +0100]:
> > * Todd Zullinger <t...@pobox.com> [2009-11-27 21:07 -0500]:
> > > If you call check-traditional-pgp on this message, is this text
> > > lost? It is for me and I would call it a bug.  It might also be
> > > some subtle difference between our configurations, gpg versions,
> > > etc.
> >
> > FWIW I copied your message into ~/test, and then opened it using
> > the latest tip, and the following command-line.
> >
> > #v+
> > mutt -n -F usr/share/doc/mutt/samples/gpg.rc -f ~/test
> > #v-
> >
> > I then entered ':exec check-traditional-pgp' in mutt, and viewed
> > the message.  The text preceding the digitally signed portion of
> > the message was still visible.
>
> If I do the same with mutt from Debian sid (1.5.20 (2009-06-14)),
> then I definitely do not see the unsigned portions.
>
> This *could* be due to gnupg. Do you see the unsigned portions of
> the text if you run
>
>   gpg < ~/test

Hello Martin,

I can reproduce this behaviour here on my Debian Sid box too. Also with
the command above 'gpg < ~/test' I can't see the unsigned part of the
message. Do you have 'gnupg' or 'gnupg2' installed? I have here:

gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.10

mutt -v
Mutt 1.5.20 (2009-06-14)

@David

What version of gnupg do you have?

When you need more information from me to demarcate this bug, ask. Do
you think this bug belongs to 'mutt' or to 'gnupg'?

Hth Michael

--
(imagining people keeping their .sigs to four lines)