On Jul 27, 2010 at 03:29 PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
Hmmm... Seems like you're wrong after all (Mutt 1.5.20hg
(2009-08-27)).  Mutt may well write out the Bcc line on the message
that is sent out.

It's probably dependent on the SMTP agent, no? I did a test earlier today using putmail as my local SMTP agent. If I sent a message with no recipients other than a BCC to myself with write_bcc on, I got the email with NO addresses displayed. This is the desired behavior. When I turned write_bcc off, the message never arrived. I'm guessing putmail strips out the bcc field for me, and when it never got one in the second email, it (or the remote SMTP server) didn't have a destination for the email.