* Christoph Kukulies <k...@kukulies.org> [07-29-10 03:36]:
> Oh, sorry. I thought in the first place (as some other reader as well
> So it's probably not a good idea to use this Bcc:- technique?
>
> Then I'm probably left to the loop technique sending a single email to
> each user. Otherwise that user doesn't know that the email went to a
> "list of undisclosed recipients".
>
> I sometimes receive such emails that are marked as "undisclosed
> recipients" in the Cc:.
>
> Could that possibly achieved by mutt forging the headers (in a benign
> way of course). Sending to a list of
> 100 users must not be ncessarily called "spam".

If you put an address in the "To:" field, there will be an address there.
What I do when sending to a list and bcc'ing the addressees:

To:  Westside Soccer Fans <westsid...@wahoo.no-ip.org>
Bcc: WestsideSoccerFans.alias

The "To:" address is an alias to my local box and appears in all of the
list mail.  The list then understands that it is not spam for them.

I have bcc'ed this post to you so you can see the mutt-users address.
Note the "To:" header/address.