* Yue Wu <vano...@gmail.com> [08-05-10 08:39]:
> Sometimes I want to filter my emails with new rule of procmail, archived
> list has the way to re-procmail, but all re-procmailed mails will be at
> the new unread status. My question is, how to re-procmail without
> changing the read/unread status of emails?

You don't say the type of mail system, but I use mbox and the following
works for me.

formail -ds procmail < [mbox-file]

will redeliver your "mbox-file" based of the present procmail rules
splitting digest messages.  Use only "-d" if you do not want the splitting.

formail -ds procmail -m newrules.rc < mbox-file

will redeliver based on the rules contained in "newrules.rc".  Prepend
paths where necessary.

I would use duplicate files or work inside a "sandbox" environment for
testing first.

gud luk,