On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 08:50:22AM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Yue Wu <vano...@gmail.com> [08-05-10 08:39]:
> > Sometimes I want to filter my emails with new rule of procmail, archived
> > list has the way to re-procmail, but all re-procmailed mails will be at
> > the new unread status. My question is, how to re-procmail without
> > changing the read/unread status of emails?
>

> You don't say the type of mail system, but I use mbox and the following
> works for me.
>
> formail -ds procmail < [mbox-file]
>
> will redeliver your "mbox-file" based of the present procmail rules
> splitting digest messages.  Use only "-d" if you do not want the splitting.

I don't only want to redeliver my emails, but also not let all redelivered
mails become into the unread status. I'm using maildir format, and tried with
the following script:

        for j in $(find $2 -type d | grep cur) ; do (
            cd $j ;
            for i in * ;
            do cat $i | formail -ds procmail ;
            done) ;
        done

But after redeliverd, all emails are new, i.e. unread in mutt, that's not what
I want.

--
Regards,
Yue Wu

Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China