On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 09:18:45PM +0800, Yue Wu wrote:
> I don't only want to redeliver my emails, but also not let all redelivered
> mails become into the unread status. I'm using maildir format, and tried with
> the following script:
>
>         for j in $(find $2 -type d | grep cur) ; do (
>             cd $j ;
>             for i in * ;
>             do cat $i | formail -ds procmail ;
>             done) ;
>         done
>
> But after redeliverd, all emails are new, i.e. unread in mutt, that's not what
> I want.

Since they have been redelivered, it's hard to blame mutt for indicating
that. Since you are running a script over each one anyway, you could
perhaps remember the value of the "Status:" header in each email, and
restore it after redelivery.

While formail will munge headers for you, I haven't tried fighting mutt
to set the "Status:" header. You might need to do that faking post-delivery.

Erik

--
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret to inform you that
circumstances are beyond our control.                    -Paul Benoit