On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 03:45:48PM +0100, Christian Ebert wrote:
> * Erik Christiansen on Friday, August 06, 2010 at 00:38:37 +1000
> > On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 09:18:45PM +0800, Yue Wu wrote:
> >> I don't only want to redeliver my emails, but also not let all redelivered
> >> mails become into the unread status. I'm using maildir format, and tried
> >> with
> >> the following script:
> >>
> >>        for j in $(find $2 -type d | grep cur) ; do (
> >>            cd $j ;
> >>            for i in * ;
> >>            do cat $i | formail -ds procmail ;
> >>            done) ;
> >>        done
> >>
> >> But after redeliverd, all emails are new, i.e. unread in mutt, that's not
> >> what
> >> I want.
> >
> > Since they have been redelivered, it's hard to blame mutt for indicating
> > that. Since you are running a script over each one anyway, you could
> > perhaps remember the value of the "Status:" header in each email, and
> > restore it after redelivery.
> >
> > While formail will munge headers for you, I haven't tried fighting mutt
> > to set the "Status:" header. You might need to do that faking post-delivery.
>
> As Erik is using Maildir even that wouldn't help much as the
> messages would be delivered to <Maildir>/new/ .

But if I want to re-orgnize my emails with a different rule, how do you do it
in such case? Orgnizing all mails to be unread then mark the old ones to be
read is very tedious if mails is many.

--
Regards,
Yue Wu

Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine
China Pharmaceutical University
No.24, Tongjia Xiang Street, Nanjing 210009, China