On Wed Apr 27, 2011 06:22PM, Remco Rijnders wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:59:04AM -0400, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> >I'd like to find out how to wrap long lines in e-mails that I'm replying
> >to.  My mutt is setup to automatically wrap lines when I compose,
> >but I'd like to be able to also lap long lines in e-mails when I
> >reply.
> >
> >I have googled and see that with Vim as the editor, 'gq' is likely what
> >I want, but reading the help on this I'm still not sure how to
> >invoke/use it.
> >
> >Ideally, it would be nice to have the lines in the original e-mail
> >that are too long to automatically be wrapped in the reply when I
> >hit 'r'.
>
> Hi Trey,
>
> Assuming you are using vim as your editor of choice, when composing
> a reply, you can issue the command 'gq}' when your cursor is at the
> start of a paragraph you are replying to and when you are in command
> mode, to rewrap that paragraph using your configured preferences for
> vim. It even is kind enough to properly indent > characters for you.
>
> As an alternative, 'gqG' will reindent the entire email.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Remco

Thanks Remco!  That works perfectly!

--
Cheers,
Trey

The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears
with composure one heavy mischance after another,
not because he does not feel them, but because
he is a man of high and heroic temper.
                 --Aristotle

Darwin tbook-2.local 10.7.0 i386
12:37  up 4 days, 22:06, 4 users, load averages: 0.83 0.62 0.54