0n Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 02:51:32PM -0500, David Champion wrote:

    >* On 27 Apr 2011, Trey Sizemore wrote:
    >> I'd like to find out how to wrap long lines in e-mails that I'm replying
    >> to.  My mutt is setup to automatically wrap lines when I compose, but
    >> I'd like to be able to also lap long lines in e-mails when I reply.

I use with gqap functionality within vim (.vimrc) (F1 being the key one you
want):

   " * <F1> to re-format the current paragraph correctly
   " * <F2> to format a line which is too long, and go to the next line
   " * <F3> to merge the previous line with the current one, with a correct

   nmap    <F1>    gqap
   nmap    <F2>    gqqj
   nmap    <F3>    kgqj
   map!    <F1>    <ESC>gqapi
   map!    <F2>    <ESC>gqqji
   map!    <F3>    <ESC>kgqji

Works wonderfully!

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is
subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have
received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and
delete the email.