On May 08, 2011 at 09:21 PM +0200, Richard wrote:
I have just done a re-index with mairix and have no reason to complain:)

In my experience, on my system, mairix was slower. I seem to recall times of around 15-20 minutes to go through a couple hundred thousand messages looking for new ones.

I think my mu database is still kicking around, but as I don't have GTK installed on this system anymore, I can't build mu anymore. It's probably not worth my effort to resurrect it all just to time things, which I had done previously in my switch from mu to notmuch.

As far as mairix goes, I'll run those tests now. I just built 0.22 and will report back in a couple of hours.

On the other hand, if what you are using works, then by all means continue to use it.

As of search operators most people are happiest if they don't need them
at all.

Agreed.