On 28Oct2011 16:27, Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
| Using mutt on Mac Lion - OSX 10.7
| I'm trying to create a mailcap entry so that I can view text/html
| attachments with chrome
| The chrome executable is on a path with embedded spaces.
| I have the following entry:
| ##################
| text/html; "/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\
| Chrome" %s
| ##################
| in .mailcap.
|
| When I select the attachment I get the following error message:
| "[1028/162111:INFO:breakpad_mac.mm(82)] Breakpad disabled
| [5695:2571:73282031144211:ERROR:process_singleton_mac.cc(102)]
| Unable to obtain profile lock."
|
| I think that could be translated as "Barking up the wrong tree."
| What would be the preferable way to do this?
|
| NOTE: I am most familiar with ubuntu. I am new to Lion.
| Ubuntu uses a script called /usr/bin/sensible-browser for this
| purpose, I believe.
|
| Is there a comparable script for Lion?

Here's what I do sometimes. My $PATH has two (well ,more, but basicly
two) leading items:

  $HOME/bin-local
  $HOME/bin

The latter is my collection of scripts and is identical on all machines.
The _former_ is per-machine hacks (and new scripts not yet part of the
main set).

For your situation the simplest thing for me would be:

  ln -s '/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome'
$HOME/bin-local/chrome

(On one line, should the mailer fold things.)

Then just make the mailcap read:

  text/html; chrome %s

In general, this kind of approach will let you have a nice easy to read
mailcap with simple command names; you put all the machine specific
executable location rubbish in $HOME/bin-local if the normal bins don't
do what you need.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

I am now convinced that theoretical physics is actual philosophy.
        - Max Born