* Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [111029 07:03]:
> Here's what I do sometimes. My $PATH has two (well ,more, but basicly
> two) leading items:
>
>   $HOME/bin-local
>   $HOME/bin
>
> The latter is my collection of scripts and is identical on all machines.
> The _former_ is per-machine hacks (and new scripts not yet part of the
> main set).
>
> For your situation the simplest thing for me would be:
>
>   ln -s '/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome'
> $HOME/bin-local/chrome
>
> (On one line, should the mailer fold things.)
>
> Then just make the mailcap read:
>
>   text/html; chrome %s
>
> In general, this kind of approach will let you have a nice easy to read
> mailcap with simple command names; you put all the machine specific
> executable location rubbish in $HOME/bin-local if the normal bins don't
> do what you need.
  Hi Cameron. I had thought of something similar, so followed your
  instructions. Unfortunately, it doesn't work either. I get this
  "
  [1029/080146:FATAL:foundation_util.mm(105)] Check failed: bundle.
  Failed to load the bundle at
  /usr/local/Versions/15.0.874.106/Google Chrome Framework.framework
  "
  lion has done some other weird things with symlinks. For instance
  when I create a symlink from /usr/bin/python to
  /usr/local/bin/python and invoke the symlink directly, the system
  path is different.

    Not my experience on ubuntu...

  I think were are looking for a mac-sanctioned script.

  thanks
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com