On 01Nov2011 16:53, Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
|   Got a lot of issues with ah->apphelper.

I feared there might be. I haven't tried to foist it off onto someone else
before (withstdin runs standalone - apphelper expects more tools).

| But first I have to say
|   1)I am new to darwin (OSX/Lion)
|   2)Even tho' I have used linux steadily for 11 years and am a
|   coder, I'm awful green when it comes to shell scripting.
|   3)The paths defined by $PATH in the bash shell are considerably
|     more complete than are inherited by mutt - and the same can be
|       said of mc, as far as I can tell.
|   From bash - linus:~ tim$ echo $PATH

/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
|   From mutt echo $PATH
|     /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
|   that is, where mutt is launched from iTerm2.

This discrepancy is odd, and a little troubling. We probably need to
investigate that a little.

|   So when I run /usr/local/bin/ah, the first thing I get is an error
|   message about `rm' not being recognized. Well it ain't in $PATH,

"rm"? That's a pretty standard command - something isn't right. It is
normally in /bin.

|   so I can give rm an absolute path. With that done and apphelper
|   give its' full path, I'm now getting error messages with apphelper
|   execute:
|   the first was on
|   mkdirn - command not recognized.
|   I went thru your code and picked out a list of what I take to be
|   commands, but don't appear to be shell commands (subcommands?).
|   As follows:
|   mkdirn
|   withurl
|   fixexts
|   file2mime
|   mailcap
|   readline
|   so... I'm guessing that if we solve the problem with mkdirn,
|   others will fall in place?

Ok, you may hate the next bit. All the items you cite are my own
scripts.

The _easy_ way to solve this problem is to install /opt/css, from here:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/

There's a download link to a tarball and install instructions here:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/INSTALL

Just unpack the tarball in /opt, and add the line:

  . /opt/css/env.sh

to your environment setup (eg in ~/.bash_profile) at the _end_.

BUT: keep your personal current copy of withstdin - the one in the tarball
does not yet have the --keepfor option.

So:
  - fetch tarball
  - put it in place as /opt/css
  - source /opt/css/env.sh
  - test apphelper again

This doesn't _need_ to go as /opt/css, but that is the easiest way.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Software engineering? That's like military intelligence, isn't it?
        - Doug Mohney <sys...@king.eng.umd.edu>