Dear Leo,
Maybe I don't know enough about tmux (nor screen). How do you get to
the mail server/mutt program? Through a ssh session? How do you
visualize attachments? Do you use the -X option of ssh?  Does tmux
offer a tools for connecting to the server?

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

Best regards,
Luis

> This is what I do, too but if Luis prefers not to work that way, one
> easy way to maintain a single, authoritative configuration on all
> systems is to use Dropbox, box.net or one of their competitors. I
> know that Dropbox provides the versioning he wants and I expect the
> competitor products do as well.
>
> Regards,
>
> Leo

W. Luis Mochán,                      | tel:(52)(777)329-1734     /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM  | fax:(52)(777)317-5388     `>/   /\
Apdo. Postal 48-3, 62251             |                           (*)/\/  \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México          | moc...@fis.unam.mx   /\_/\__/