On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 01:57:02PM +0200, SK wrote:
> > Maybe I don't know enough about tmux (nor screen). How do you get to
> > the mail server/mutt program? Through a ssh session? How do you
> > visualize attachments? Do you use the -X option of ssh?  Does tmux
> > offer a tools for connecting to the server?
>
> I too have this problem. I use SSH to connect to a remote server and
> run mutt inside a tmux session, But I don't know how to view
> attachments or more importantly attach something locally from the
> machine accessing the tmux connection to the email from mutt!

The part you quoted above asked if you have X forwarding enabled and if
you're using it. There is nothing stopping you from opening attachments if
you have X forwarding enabled and you ssh with -X or -Y.

> Any idea how to do these two steps (view attachment and send emails with
> attachment from local filesystem).

You could scp the file over and attach it from there, or use NFS or some
other shared file system accessible on both machines.

Something amazing and simple you may like, if you have X running on both
systems and you can install rox-filer, you can drag and drop cross system!
It's much quicker and easier than using scp although NFS is a good solution,
albeit not graphical.

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD