----- Erik Christiansen <dva...@internode.on.net> [2013-02-12 19:33:30 +1100]
----- :

> It has been particularly annoying that in either case the directly
> addressed copy arrives first, so that it is always the list copy which
> goes into duplicates. That resulted in list mail in the personal folder.
> But none of this is hard to fix.
>
> In procmail, using the ^TO_ macro and the List-Post address, instead of ^From,
> fixes it so that whether To-ed or CC-ed, the first copy to arrive goes to the
> list folder. Then the duplicates rule snaffles the latecomer, and there's no
> pollution of the personal folder. The thread in the list folder is
> complete.
>
>                                        # Collapse duplicate messages, but not
> my
>    :0 Whc: msgid.lock                  # posts that I've BCCed, for testing.
>    * !^From: Erik Christiansen
>    | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
>                                        # And save duplicates, in case of
> recipe
>    :0 a:                               # flaws below. (See man procmailex)
>    duplicates
>

>    :0:
>    * ^TO_luv-main@.*whatever.domain
>    luv-main
>
> That has served my needs for some time now. YMMV.
>
> Erik

Yes, this is what I do except I simply delete the duplicate. I know lots
of people have moved away from or have chosen not to use procmail for,
what I'm sure are valid, reasons; however, I find it such a great
program. It's good to see the occasional procmail tip, which Erik has
provided on a number of occasions now so thanks.

It does all my spam filtering, with the aid of SpamAssassin of course,
and much more.

Just a little random comment from me :-)

Jamie

--
Primary Key: 4096R/1D31DC38 2011-12-03
Key Fingerprint: A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38