On 12.02.13 11:31, David Woodfall wrote:

> My .procmailrc-lists is populated with eg:
>
> :0
> * ^.*mutt-users@mutt.org*
> lists/mutt-users@mutt.org/
>
> Which catches mail To or Cc the mailing list,

Or in the Subject, or elsewhere. As a hack, it'll probably mostly work
most of the time, because the literal string is uncommon. But it is not
a test specific to the post's destinations.

>From "man procmailrc" »

If the regular expression contains `^TO_' it will be substituted by
`(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)
-To):(.*[^-a-zA- Z0-9_.])?)', which should catch all destination
specifications containing a specific address
«

That is a much more rigorous test, less likely to catch spurious mention
of the trigger string. (OK, not real likely on many other lists, so the
regex weakness isn't likely to be exercised in real life, I'll admit.)

> so if I do get a dup it will end up at the same place, but now your
> dup catcher will detect it before then anyway.

TBT, that dup catcher is just what's in "man procmailex", with a tiny
tweak to stop it getting in the way of some testing.

Procmail and fetchmail have worked so well with mutt for so long now,
that I find it hard not to think of them as three parts of a standard
mail suite.

Erik

--
Rear Admiral Morisetti recalled that when commanding an aircraft
carrier, it took a gallon of oil to move just 12 inches (30cm), while as