On 12Feb2013 11:31, David Woodfall <d...@dawoodfall.net> wrote:
| My .procmailrc-lists is populated with eg:
|
| :0
| * ^.*mutt-users@mutt.org*
| lists/mutt-users@mutt.org/
|
| Which catches mail To or Cc the mailing list, so if I do get a dup it
| will end up at the same place, but now your dup catcher will detect it
| before then anyway.

Yeah, I've got this:

  mutt    Mutt-Users      mutt-users@mutt.org

in my mailfiler rules, which does the equivalent.

I do my dup catching in mutt:

  # delete duplicates
  folder-hook .         'push ":set
auto_tag=no<enter><untag-pattern>~T<enter><tag-pattern>~=<enter><tag-prefix-cond><delete-message><untag-pattern>~T<enter><end-cond>:set
 auto_tag=yes<enter>"'

Any normal person would just use:

  folder-hook .
'<tag-pattern>~=<enter><tag-prefix-cond><delete-message>'

but I use auto_tag and explicitly untag first, hence the cumbersomeness.

I actually _want_ the CCed item to land in my "me" folder as well as the
list folder because I look at "me" quite often, and such a message is
therefore brought to my attention. It is still filed in the list folder
as well for continuity.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au>

My perception was/is that while the rest of the computer world was striving
for Fault Tolerant Software, Micro$oft was working on Fault Tolerant Users.
- Charlie Gibbs