[--------- Fri 22.Mar'13 at  9:04:21 +0000  Chris Green :---------]

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 05:06:17PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 06:08:49PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> > > There absolutely should be a blank line.  I think though that the order
> > > is wrong: mutt expects that a message (i.e. a From_ line) appears at
> > > the old EOF marker, and that the EOF marker is on/after a blank line.
> > > I think that if you adjust your filter to write the message and then a
> > > blank line instead of a blank line and then a message, the error will go
> > > away.
> >
> > This matches my expectation also.
> >
> That's all very well but it does have some issues:-
>
>     What should an MTA do if there *isn't* a blank line at the end of
>     the current mbox where it is going to append a new message?  It
>     seems to me that what the Python libraries do guarantees that there
>     will always be a blank line before the 'From ' line, if there's one
>     already then it doesn't matter too much.
>
>     Mutt itself *doesn't* put a blank line there, if you S[ave] or
>     C[opy] messages to a new mbox the messages have no blank lines
>     before the 'From '.

Sorry Chris, I believe you're confusing MTA with MDA/LDA, although
that's not really relevent. Could you perhaps alter your python script
as David suggested but start over with new mboxes; i.e. move the current
mboxes into an archive folder inside the ~/Mail directory so as to avoid
the confusion with how your messages are currently laid-out in the mbox
file. Do you think that might help?

James Griffin:  jmz at kontrol.kode5.net
                                jmzgriffin at gmail.com

A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38