El día Sunday, January 05, 2014 a las 09:16:02AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan
escribió:

> * Richard Z <r...@linux-m68k.org> [01-05-14 08:57]:
>  [...]
> > unless you try to do something like multiple email providers for one
> > user which is very easy to do with anything but sendmail/postfix/exim.
> > I have done this on all three and got tired, after every system upgrade
> > some incompatible change breaks it and even the most basic smarthost
> > configuration stops working, not to mention the multiple accounts which
> > always required some configuration acrobatics.

Every now and than I update my FreeBSD netbook to the most recent
version: 8-CURRENT, 9-CURRENT, 10-CURRENT, ... which always brings a new
sendmail compiled in the base system. For its configuration to be able
to send mail to my MX (including SASL authentication), I just put the
old content of /etc/mail in place and all is done. For many years
already.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org