On 2015-06-18 18:51 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> And my mail check is set to:

>   set timeout=60
>   set mail_check=15               # how often to poll for new mail

What I don't understand is why these 2 values need ever to be different.

You only get notified every 60 seconds max anyway, right?  At least
that's how I read the documentation.

I think my problem about which I complain in the other thread, about not
getting notified in the browser, may well be caused by the long (600)
default value of timeout.