El día Saturday, September 19, 2015 a las 07:46:53PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman
escribió:

> Back to my bad habit of resurrecting old threads :)
>
> Do you really score "bad" messages with _negative_ scores?  The manual
> says (section 3.24):
>
>  A message's final score is the sum total of all matching score
>  entries. However, you may optionally prefix value with an equal sign
>  (“=”) to cause evaluation to stop at a particular entry if there is a
>  match. Negative final scores are rounded up to 0.
>
> ... so, no matter how "bad" a message is (let's say, a top post, a
> thread hijack, an ALL CAPS subject, and unlimited line length LOL), the
> worst it can score is 0.  Am I right?  I haven't used mutt scoring yet,
> so I am trying to learn how to best put it to my purposes.  It seems
> to me that for flagging "badness" positive scores would be much more
> convenient.  Am I missing something as usual?

You missed, that you can score as well positive values and the rules are
summed up to a final score value, "rouded" to zero if at the end of the
day negative. See my score part of my ~/.muttrc (some mail addrs
overwritten with xxxx).

        matthias

# scoring:
#
# see http://www.mutt.org/doc/devel/manual.html#score-command
#
# the start was also loosely based on:
http://www.strcat.de/dotfiles/mutt.scoring
#
#
# Note: Scoring on a (X-)Header or Body won't work due to performance issue,
only
# information from the Index (like Subject: To: From: ,,,) can be scored.

# this will show the score value (%4N) on the left of the Index
#
set index_format="%4N %4C %Z %{%b %d} %-15.15L (%?l?%4l&%4c?) %s"

# set the threshold values
#
set score_threshold_delete=0    # delete messages with score 0
set score_threshold_flag=50     # auto-flag messages w/ score >= 50
set score_threshold_read=5      # mark messages w/ score <= 5 as read

# First remove all scorings
#
unscore *

# Default - Scoring
#
score '~A'                                    +10     # all messages start with
score 10
score '~g|~G'                                 +2      # PGP signed / encrypted
messages
score ~F                                      +20     # flagged mails are
important
score ~D                                      =0      # this is a deleted email
score ~S                                      =0      # superseded messages

# The good ones
#
score '~t g...@unixarea.de'                   +20     # i'm quite important
score '~f g...@unixarea.de'                   +20     # i'm quite important
score '~s ubuntu-phone'                       +10     #
score '~f webmas...@cubaliteraria.cu'         +10     # Cuba Literaria
score '~f epilob...@aol.com'                  +30     # needs +30 due to -30
for AOL

# SPAM(er)
#
score '~f xxx...@gmail.com'                   -30     #
score '~f x...@hiwaay.net'                     -30     #
score '~f @aol.com'                           -30     #
score '~f webmaster@*'                        -10     # Webmasters kidnapped by
evil cult :>
score '~s ^test$'                             -9999   # all messages w/ subject
"test" are killed
score '~s sex | ~s adult'                     -9999   # STFU
score '~f anonymous'                          -9999   # Yeah. Sure. Evil hackers
score '~='                                    -9999   # all duplicates are
killed
score '~s ^unsubscribe$ !(~p|~P|~Q|~F)'       -9999   # all msgs w/ subject
"unsubscribe" not by myself are killed
score '~s "for sale"'                         -9999   # sale yout compter.
moron..
score '!~f@'                                  -9999   # no mail address present?
score "~f '^([^ <>@]+ ){5,}'"                 -9999   # a realname consisting
of >=5 portions is invalid, too

# threads I do not want anymore becaused I'm tired of the Subject:
#
score '~s "Gmirror/graid or hardware raid"'   -9999
score '~s "Questions about freebsd-update"'   -9999
score '~s "Microsoft Now OpenBSD Foundation"' -9999
score '~s "Building TB from source code"'     -9999
score '~s "^Facebook$"'   -9999
score '~s "^Re: Facebook$"'   -9999
score '~s "How to change mouse cursor to standard hand cursor"'   -9999
score '~s "USB stick and some help with it"'  -9999
score '~s "interesting comment from a poster on phoronix"'   -9999
score '~s "HTTPS on freebsd.org, git, reproducible builds"'   -9999

Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, 🌐 http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎
+49-176-38902045
No! Nein! ¡No! Όχι! -- Ευχαριστούμε!