Dear David,

The efforts to bring back some sources to the original mutt are to be
made by those developers of the original mutt.

That is the point of the GNU GPL licence.

I have looked up in my dictionary the word "envious":
_painfully desirous of another's advantages_

You see the disadvantage.

I see the benefit.

Someone is developing on his own mutt software, and that may be patched
in the original mutt. If you think this is too much work, why not speak
to the person who has made the forked mutt? Why bash such person, who is
contributing, on the public list that is going to stay here for ages.

Rosario