Alarig Le Lay writes:

>On Mon Mar 21 06:08:13 2016, Peter P. wrote:
>>
>> I send mail with mutt and msmtp. Apparently the "Date:" header of the
>> sent mail shows my current timezone to the receiver, which I would like
>> to avoid.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this?
>
>Hi,
>
>How the other side MUA could guess your timezone if you don't specify
>it? And then, how the MUA could sort the messages? I live in +1 zone and
>I don't want to see you reply before my mail in the thread.

To resolve both questions, he could use UTC, which is a nice generic
time zone that (unlike GMT) people probably wouldn't make any assumptions
about.  For example, my wife's employer's email system uses UTC for its
time stamps, and we are in EST/EDT (UTC-4/5).  But again, I think that's
a client-side configuration on his computer and/or with msmtp.

I don't think mutt puts the Date: header on outgong email.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hy...@lactose.homelinux.net