> I don't think mutt puts the Date: header on outgong email.

Mutt does, but if it didn't then the MTA would.

Mutt uses the local time zone, so you can either set the machine time
zone to UTC or (as mentioned) run it with TZ=UTC in the environment.

However, as also was mentioned, the Received: headers that annotate
your mail's progress through the internet are generally in their own
respective timezones -- including your own msmtp's.  So you're hiding
something that people can infer pretty easily.  To obfuscate this
you would need to inject the mail at a server that uses a different
timezone.

For example, the OP's first message had these:

        by compute1.internal (MEProxy); Mon, 21 Mar 2016 06:09:31 -0400

If he had bypassed his own systems and gone directly to fastmail, those
-0400 zones wouldn't appear and we wouldn't know where he is so easily.
Doing so would mean using mutt's built-in SMTP instead of an external
agent.  But if every MTA between mutt and fastmail is running under
TZ=UTZ, that's another knowledge bypass.

--
David Champion • d...@bikeshed.us