On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 08:40:21AM +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> On the othe hand, I do not think mutt makes the header. I'm in
> compose mode right now with headers and the Date: header is not
> there.

Aside from the Received: header that was already mentioned upthread, Mutt
can add headers when it sends meil that you don't see in compose mode. I
don't think it's a proof of anything that you don't see it.

/jl

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD