On 2017-02-03, sunrise <sunr...@emypeople.net> wrote:
> I would like to start using mutt but am somewhat intimidated by all the
> possible options
> in the muttrc config file. Would someone be willing to provide me with a
> basic muttrc I
> could use to get started?
>
> Here is what I'm looking for:
>
> * POP3 (one provider) for retrieving messages

I'd just like to add that these days you should give IMAP a try - I
find better than POP3 because it automatically synchronizes
everything.  It's easy to use with mutt as well.

For example, I use offlineimap as the IMAP client on my Slackware box
and K9Mail e-mail client on my phone.  When I mark a message as read
on my phone it's automatically marked as read when downloaded with
offlineimap in mutt, when I send a message on either device it's
automatically shown in Sent folder on both devices, and when I move a
a message to a given folder or delete a message it's automatically
synchronized on both devices.  It's very convenient, especially if get
a lot of mail.
--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadi...@drabczyk.org>