On Thu, February 2, 2017 8:44 pm, sunrise wrote:
> I would like to start using mutt but am somewhat intimidated by all the
> possible options in the muttrc config file. Would someone be willing to
> provide me with a basic muttrc I could use to get started?

That's why they make search engines; you can find dozens of muttrc files,
and any number of muttrc tutorials.

You might consider using getmail4 for POP3?  getmail4 is reliable and easy
to configure, and by using getmail4 you simplify the configuration of
muttrc.

Later you can add maildrop to sort into categories messages retrieved by
getmail4 -- it is a nice combination.

RH