On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 08:44:34PM -0600, sunrise wrote:
> I would like to start using mutt but am somewhat intimidated by all the
> possible options
> in the muttrc config file. Would someone be willing to provide me with a
> basic muttrc I
> could use to get started?

This is what I have:

set mbox_type=Maildir
set folder="~/mail"
set mask="!^\\.[^.]"

mailboxes "+inbox" # ~/mail/inbox

set record="+sent" # ~/mail/sent
set postponed="+drafts" # etc.
set trash="+trash"

set realname="Plato"

set envelope_from=yes
set sendmail="msmtp -C /home/f/cfg/msmtp/msmtpall"
    # msmtp is small, efficient and easy to configure

macro generic \e0 '<shell-escape>bash -ic "k echo Checking mail...; getmail -g
~/cfg/getmail -r getmailconf; echo over"<enter>'
    # alt-0 to download messages

Mutt is a client, so you will have to configure msmtp and getmail yourself
(they are easy enough). If you need more help fire again in the mailing
list and please consider updating the wiki with your use case when
you succeed.