El día domingo, octubre 20, 2019 a las 09:25:46a. m. +0100, Nuno Silva escribió:

> On 2019-10-19, José María Mateos wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 19:17:06 +0100 Chris Green <c...@isbd.net> wrote:
> >> Running 'evince ~/.mitt/fred.pdf' displays the PDF file successfully
> >> but running 'evince ~/.mutt/fred.pdf' produces a Permission Denied
> >> message in a pop-up window.  All directory names I have tried other
> >> than .mutt allow the PDF file to be read.

I can't reproduce this on FreeBSD. The OP could run on any Linux (don't
know if the problem is on Linux):

strace -o evince.tr -f  evince ~/.mutt/fred.pdf

and look into the file evince.tr which open(2) or stat(2) gives a
Permission Denied and why. If the OP can't see this, he/she should
post this file somewhere.

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

3. Oktober! Wir gratulieren! Der Berliner Fernsehturm wird 50
aus: https://www.jungewelt.de/2019/10-02/index.php