On 20/10/19 at 12:33, Marcelo Laia wrote:
> On 20/10/19 at 03:05, Nuno Silva wrote:
>
> > Does "grep -R mutt /etc/apparmor.d/" return anything?
>
> root@marcelo:~# grep -R mutt /etc/apparmor.d/
> /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/private-files:  deny @{HOME}/.mutt** mrwkl,

If I comment that line in /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/private-file,
libreoffice and evince run out of the box! :) Very nice!!!!

I need to edit /etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/private-files

  # privacy violations (don't audit files under $HOME otherwise get a
  # lot of false positives when reading contents of directories)
  deny @{HOME}/.*history mrwkl,
  deny @{HOME}/.fetchmail* mrwkl,
#  deny @{HOME}/.mutt** mrwkl,
  deny @{HOME}/.viminfo* mrwkl,
  deny @{HOME}/.*~ mrwkl,
  deny @{HOME}/.*.swp mrwkl,
  deny @{HOME}/.*~1~ mrwkl,
  deny @{HOME}/.*.bak mrwkl,

and comment the line deny @{HOME}/.mutt** mrwkl,

Need to restart apparmor

# systemctl start apparmor

Thank you very much!

Until November, 2018 I was in trouble with this behavor!

But, the big question:

What is the implications in comment that line? There are security issues?

--
Marcelo