On 2019-10-20, José María Mateos wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:15:34 -0300 Marcelo Laia <marcelol...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> root@marcelo:~# dpkg -l apparmor
>> Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
>> |
>> Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
>> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad) ||/
>> Nome           Versão       Arquitectura Descrição
>> +++-==============-============-============-======================================
>> ii  apparmor       2.13.3-5     amd64        user-space parser
>> utility for AppArmor root@marcelo:~#
>
> Following up on this, I am pasting here below the contents of
> my /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.evince, which allows me to use .mutt as a
> folder for pdf files. I guess the culprit should be there (tl;dr: grep
> mutt /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.evince returns nothing).

Does "grep -R mutt /etc/apparmor.d/" return anything?

I suspect that, in a system with this issue, the problematic rule would
be in abstractions/private-files, and usr.bin.evince includes
abstractions/evince[1] which includes abstractions/private-files.

[1]
https://www.apt-browse.org/browse/debian/jessie/main/all/apparmor-profiles-extra/1.4/file/etc/apparmor.d/abstractions/evince

--
Nuno Silva