Hei hei,

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 09:41:59AM +0200, Vegard Svanberg wrote:
> However, I'm increasingly finding myself having to resort to various
> tricks to deal with HTML only emails (with picture attachments),
> calendar invites, and other oddities and awkward stuff people send.

This is mostly true for business related stuff.

> I don't know how I would survive with a regular GUI client like
> Thunderbird or Evolution. I've tried, but they all suck. Mutt's
> keybindings, search and navigation features are irreplaceable.
>
> Currently I'm running Mutt from a machine which I ssh into from 5 other
> computers I use frequently (IMAP backend - self-hosted).
>
> Suggestions? What does everyone else do?

I more or less divided home/hobby and business accounts, or let's say,
I don't get all that HTML/Calendar/Attachement stuff for my private
mail and there I use mutt, basically the same way you do, self hosted
IMAP, ssh into the machine running mutt. Every now and then I use
Thunderbird for accessing this, but seldomly.

At work with all those creepy stuff (we're not even allowed to send
plain text mail except for mailing lists requiring that) I currently
don't use mutt at all, but KMail, Thunderbird and the webmailer of
OpenExchange. It's not mutt, but I can live with that for the content
I get there.

Greets
Alex

--
/"\ ASCII RIBBON | »With the first link, the chain is forged. The first
\ / CAMPAIGN     | speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the