On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 2:11 PM Lester Rees <bushn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I need to take a little nap right now b4 I go to work this
> afternoon.  Talk atcha later.

Hello Lester,

Making mutt work isn't just a matter of a configuration file, there are
other things like making directories which must be done.  You will either
have to do this manually, or use a script.
Otherwise, mutt will fail. As mentioned, mutt has imap support but it needs
to be manually configured by you, it's not as simple as just a muttrc file,
there are a few steps to getting it to work.

If you don't want to use fleacollar.sh script, here are some good
instructions on how to set up mutt.https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Mutt

Just ignore that it's for Arch Linux - the instructions are generic, but
you have to follow all the steps and instructions or mutt just will not
work.  It would have helped greatly if you had supplied the errors instead
of saying simply "it doesn't work" - usually the errors will point to the
misconfiguration and the misconfiguration can be fixed.

You might look into offlineimap or isync to download your imap mail from
aol.  They are both python programs.

isync https://isync.sourceforge.io/
offlineimap https://www.offlineimap.org/doc/installation.html

If you're running Linux, your distro will have these to be installed.

David