I think the problem here is that you are looking for functionality
which is beyond  the scope of personal task management software such
as MLO.

All the functionality you want (and more) has been available for a
long time in programs such as MS Project. I know Project is expensive
but there are also far cheaper alternatives.

MLO is superb at handling small intra-day tasks (what GTD people call
"widget-cranking" tasks) with basic dependencies (start task A when
task B finishes, sub tasks in order) and recurring task patterns.
Although there is provision for "Projects" this is more in the GTD
sense of a related series of low level tasks in support of personal
goals.

The scenarios you describe with variable and fixed lead times and
rescheduling calculations would, I suspect, be difficult to implement
and, more importantly, may have consequences for the speed/
responsiveness of MLO. There are a number of development requests
pending which would enable a great product do even better what it
already does well. I think it would be a mistake to succumb to "scope
creep".

Put another way, you could easily make Notepad a better text editor
but you wouldn't want to try and turn it into a tool for writing a
novel - you would use Word or similar.