I find myself using cut and paste more often. I always leave the inbox
folder open at the top to help speed things up. From wherever I am in the
outline I just start scrolling up, grab the move bar at the right, and
flick it to the top. From there I long tap on the item I want to move and
cut. If the destination isn't far away I'll scroll to it, but if I'm not
sure how best to get there I'll just search for a word in the title, tap
it, and then hit the back button to jump to it in the list. Then I
long-press on destination, hit paste, and choose child or parent as
appropriate. I find the move system works well for small to medium size
lists, but for my entire outline I find the cut, find, and paste method a
little faster. But, whatever works!