Am 18.01.2015 um 06:00 schrieb Dwight Arthur:
    I agree with the desirability of having a single filing system, but
    I can't find a way to make it work. I have three.

I have even four, since in addition to Evernote, I also use OneNote.

Evernote is more like a journal with the time line as primary classification criterion. OneNote is more like a Outliner with a hierarchy of notebooks, sections and pages for classification.

For single-point-in time notes and web clips that I want to archive just for the case I will need them again, Evernote is perfect. But for notes and documents that are universally valid or long-lived and need to be looked up or revised many times, OneNote is suited better.

I like the ease of use of Evernote where I don't have to worry about outliner hierarchy when filing something. Still, important and "living" documents need to be easily accessible via a proper outline. Also, I want to be able to see recent edits and older revisions of the living documents. OneNote supports this, but Evernote doesn't. Another drawback of Evernote is that it's difficult to format notes, because it neither supports style sheets (for headings, code snippets, quotes etc.) nor a markup language. OneNote at least has style sheets.

-- Christoph

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/54BCBA04.2010202%40online.de.