Riann,

First, with regard to moving things out of the inbox. You can right-click
(or CTRL-M) to move a task that works quite well. You can also open the
inbox in a new tab and drag into MLO where you like (press F3 to open the
tab in new window). If you do either of these with just the task in the
inbox then there is no outline structure in the inbox at all. Keep it flat
and empty and rely on your other tabs for organising.

I assume you like to keep your MLO box empty for the same reason you keep
your email inbox and any other inboxes you have empty. I do the same and I
have had similar concerns about the processing time. I think that Stephen
and Dwight (although they seem not to understand your need for emptiness)
have hit on a couple of things that will help us both to achieve what we
want in the MLO-way:

I like Dwight's idea of Capture, Setup and Complete fits in quite well with
GTD's Capture, Defer, Do. I particularly like the idea of No Context = Not
Setup.
Along with Stephen's point about inheriting contexts from folders I can see
a process that would work.

I don't use contexts as much as I should because I never saw how it would
fit in with GTD and seemed to be an unnecessary step and I add most tasks
directly to the folders they belong to. However, this thread has made me
think again and this is how I propose to use it and it should be helpful
for you.

   - Create your structure outside of the inbox with inherited contexts
   - Keep your inbox as an unstructured flat list of new todos
   - Set up these todos as and when you have time. You can keep them there
   until you have all the info you want to capture (dependencies, time,
   effort, importance, starts etc)
   - The last thing you do is add context unless it will be moved to a
   place where it will get these automatically
   - Move it

Your inbox will then only contain new todos or those that have not been
completely setup yet. In true GTD style, if you can't complete the setup
process for a particular task then you would still move the task out of the
inbox and create a new task that says: Get x info from y and update task z.

I hope that helps but I understand that I could be mis-understanding what
you need.
Steve

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/2f196055-db15-4d48-b27a-eea3ff1e2daa%40googlegroups.com.