Hi Nick.

I want to move them out of the inbox, because the inbox gets cluttered.
 Tomorrow, when I review (wanting to process all new tasks that I gathered
into the inbox today), I have a hierarchy of many, many, many tasks, which
are all already processed and lined up for doing at specific times or under
certain contexts etc, and they are mixed in with all the new tasks I just
entered on-the-fly.  This makes processing an extremely hairy time.  Very
tough.  I want to use inbox ONLY to capture new tasks.  Once I process them
(assign to a date/assign to a context/setup the project hierarchy etc), I
do not want them showing in the inbox.  The quick once-off-ers (the
two-minute stuff), are fine in inbox, cause they get done right there and
then, and are checked as done and are gone.  The processed stuff is what
gets messy.

I don't really want to use folders.  I use the "root" of the Outline mode
in fact to simply place all active tasks that should not be in inbox.  So,
I just want the task out of inbox, but still be an active task showing up
in Active by...or any other relevant view.

In terms of moving with CTRL+M, yes, one can do this, and it's a great
alternative at the moment.  Problem is:  you cannot move all 40/50 items
that you just processed out of the inbox in one fluid motion, because that
will then destroy (loose/ignore), the hierarchy which was just setup during
review time.  Thus, one has to go to every hierarchy tree, and move it
one-by-one...another unduly tedious task.

Due to this way of working, I have been forced to use folders.  I have a
"Processed" folder, into which I move everything as I process it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/1dd08be5-5761-4005-be32-517202b114b1%40googlegroups.com.