Hi, Tolqua, glad to meet you. This forum is a good place for advice on issues like this. MLO is good at ad hoc task list but so are dozens of other task managers, some of which are probably better than MLO at the most basic stuff. Where MLO really shines is when you spend the ime to figure out what tasks you need to see when, and set up a system of contexts, filters, etc that lets MLO manage that for you. You seem to be totally headed in the right direction.

As you say, there are probably many ways to address what you are trying to do. If I wanted to do this the first thing I would try would involve dependencies on repeating trigger tasks. I will explain. Disclaimer: I have not tried this. I am not certain that I fully understand dependencies on repeating trigger tasks. My usual practice is to test any advice I'm unsure of, but I don't have time right now. So I'm going to share untested advice, please come back and report on what you do next (if you are lucky some other user will show up with advice better than mine) and if you need it, I may be able to help with debugging or further refinements next week.

OK, so what I would do would be to create a recurring task for each checklist (Morning Checklist, recurring daily at 7am, Going Home checklist recurring weekdays at 4:45pm, etc). I would then set up each of the tasks that belongs in each checklist, each with its own recurrence schedule (example, pack lunch recurring weekly on MoTuThFr). Here is an important gotcha: if there is a start time it *must* be before the start time of the checklist header. Otherwise it will be tomorrow's task. And I would feel safer if the task start time was well in advance of the header's start time. Make sure that any conditions for the task to go active (open/closed contexts, dependencies, delayed dependencies, tasks in order, uncompleted subtasks, etc) are all resolved *before* the header task is activated. You can create a reminder for each header task if you want it to appear on the phone's notification bar: I think it should work as you want but I am not sure because I don't use reminders often.

So, by 4:40 any weekday there will be a collection of tasks that are all ready to go except for one thing: they are dependent on the uncompleted "Going Home Checklist" task, which is itself inactive pending its 4:45 start time. The dependent tasks will consequently all be considered inactive and will not appear on any list of active actions. at 4:45 the Going Home Checklist header task will reach its start time and become active, appearing on your active actions list. Presumably at about that time the reminder will go off. Soon afterwards you will check the completion box on the header task. Because it is a recurring task it will not become completed; it will regenerate for the next weekday afternoon. But during this regeneration process anything that was dependent on the header task will see the dependency satisfied and will become active, appearing in your active actions list.

hth
-Dwight